Environment and People
Our strategy to achieve these objectives is summarized as follows:
- We will meet or exceed the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation;• Our objectives to minimize our environmental impact is clearly communicated to all our staff and sub-contractors, and we regularly review our performance against these objectives;• We ‘shop local’ – using local suppliers to minimize the impact of transporting materials;
- We seek to minimize waste, prevent pollution, and to make maximum use of recycled and reclaimed materials;
- We minimize the use of water and energy on all our projects;
- As well as making extensive use of reclaimed products, we source our timber from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) suppliers;
- We have acknowledged expertise in working towards environmentally sustainable and energy saving buildings and we will invest in growing our knowledge in these areas.
- We prefer to utilize modern technologies where appropriate to increase the energy efficiency of all our products.
RED DOG IS FULLY AWARE OF THE DIRECT AND INDIRECT INFLUENCE ITS BUSINESS CAN HAVE ON THE ENVIRONMENT. ALWAYS WE AIM TO MINIMISE THE SHORT TERM, LOCALIZED IMPACT OF OUR WORK, THE LONG TERM ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF THE MATERIALS AND METHODS USED IN CONSTRUCTION, AND THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY OF OUR BUILDINGS.